Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Is there a Dentist in the house ?

Yes, at our 14th St. apartment we were fortunate to have a 'Board Certified Dentist' named Googie ! Many times after returning home I would be greeted by Googie, high on his perch,the fridge.Then if I opened my mouth,he would put his face real close and give my teeth 'the once over'. Was he searching for food residue or cavities,we'll never know? But it was our little game ! A lap kittie he was not or at least not with me. But Googie was a 'leg man' ! He loved to lay across my legs when we'd watch TV or just call it a night. He'd look so content lying there and it was his way of hanging with his dad. Once he had settled in,he expected you to commit too. If you tried to move he would voice his displeasure. He was probably the crankiest of the cats,never afraid to voice his opinion. The kitty dynamics have certainly changed around here. We ALL miss him a lot !!

No comments:

Post a Comment